Monday 4 December 2006

Boxing clever!

A delivery took me by surprise this week, I ordered more than I realised. No it's not stock for sale, it's packaging. My packaging store is just about full to the roof now with packaging boxes, bubblewrap, jiffy bags and parcel tape.

Buying packaging is one of those things I dislike - mainly because I'm convinced that most of it ends up in the trash when it gets to the recipient. The important thing is when buying packaging (as with most products) is that the more you buy the more cost effective it becomes. This is especially true with packaging because of it's bulk - carriage is often the same price to order one box of jiffy bags as it is to order three or four. Rolls of bubblewrap are always expensive to ship and to lower the cost I order by the truck load. This latest delivery was for four pallets of boxes and thirty rolls of bubblewrap - sending my own courier in becomes worthwhile as it's a full load anyway.



If you buy packaging then buy as much at a time as you can comfortably order. There really is no point buying a single box of jiffies each month when you can buy six boxes twice a year and pay the same carriage as you would for one. Just make sure that you have ample room to store it when it arrives!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home